Introducing the NPS 60-24
The next generation of our industry leading permanent magnet/direct drive distributed wind turbines is now available.
At 60 kilowatts of rated power, with a 24m rotor, the newly launched NPS 60-24 can produce substantial amounts of electricity to generate a healthy income stream. It provides long-term benefits with lower ownership costs over the lifetime of the turbine.
A new 24 meter rotor features state-of-the-art hub and blade technology with superior aerodynamics providing a larger swept area. This increases the annual energy production (AEP) of the NPS 60-24 by up to 15% over the previous NPS 60-23 model, dependent on wind conditions.
The turbine is a complete redesign of NPS’ distributed wind platform that has been deployed around the world since 2008. The nacelle is now 30% smaller with a completely new tower configuration. This results in lower weight and load characteristics reducing foundation and installation costs.
Further improvements include a new best in class brake system, a new industry leading yaw configuration, an enhanced electrical layout, more efficient generator cooling, and an ultrasonic wind vane and anemometer.
The NPS 60-24 uses gearless direct drive and a permanent magnet generator to achieve best-in-class reliability. Optimized to generate high output with a lower noise signature, our turbines begin making power at wind speeds as low as 3 meters per second (6 mph) and provide the highest power at 9-15 mps, providing clear economic benefits in all kinds of wind regimes.
- Simple and precise Our PMDD technology maximizes energy capture, outperforms conventional gearbox designs, and reduces maintenance costs.
- Robust Built on the time-tested NPS 100 platform that was originally designed for Antarctica, the NPS 60-24 stands up to the strong winds of Scotland (the windiest country in Europe) and regularly faces tropical cyclone force winds in Alaska and the Caribbean.
- Plug and play Our state-of-the-art full power converter design provides smooth, clean power to local grids, simplifying grid interconnect and adding to grid stability, making the NPS 60-24 the best choice for a variety of applications.
- Quiet Our gearless design, advanced blades, and lower rpm and tip speed, all contribute to lower noise levels and allow for a longer set back distance.
- Easier permitting with low height profile, tower options The elegantly designed NPS 60-24 comes with a variety of optional tubular steel tower heights that helps you balance annual energy production (AEP) and planning requirements.
- Reliable Reinforced blades, gearless design and a track record of zero incidents across its entire fleet.
The NPS 60-24 is being installed at university campuses, business, resorts, and farms around the world. Our turbines produce local power at the source of the need without having a negative impact on the environment or the community setting in which they stand.
Brochure and Specifications
Please note: this model is not available in North America. Please see the NPS 100C-24 for this region.