Introducing the NPS 100C
The next generation of our industry leading permanent magnet/direct drive distributed wind turbines are now available.
At 100 kilowatts of rated power, with a 21- or 24-meter rotor, the newly launched NPS 100C offers best in class annual energy production, safety and reliability for farms, businesses, schools and hospitals.
A new 24 meter rotor features state-of-the-art hub and blade technology with superior aerodynamics providing a larger swept area. This increases the annual energy production (AEP) of the NPS 100C-24 by 15% over the previous models.
The turbine is a complete redesign of NPS’ distributed wind platform that has been deployed around the world since 2008. The nacelle is now 30% smaller with a completely new tower configuration. This results in lower weight and load characteristics reducing foundation and installation costs.
Further improvements include a new best in class brake system, a new industry leading yaw configuration, an enhanced electrical layout, more efficient generator cooling, and an ultrasonic wind vane and anemometer.
Originally developed with NASA and designed for remote and isolated sites, the NPS 100 has an innovative gearless direct drive, permanent magnet generator, best-in-class reliability, and pleasing aesthetics. We optimized performance for low wind speeds. Our turbines begin making power at wind speeds as low as 3 meters per second (6 mph) and can provide clear economic benefits in all kinds of wind regimes.
The NPS 100 has a flawless track record of surviving extreme winds, from the bitter colds of Alaska to the tropical cyclones of the Caribbean. Its advanced technology and over 19 million hours of cumulative run time makes them the most reliable and proven turbines in their class.
- Optimized for the highest annual energy production
- The NPS 100C-24 (Class III/A) is available in several tower configurations on a steel mono-pole tower. The new model produces 15% more power than the previous 100-24 model in low wind conditions.
- The NPS 100C-21 (Class II/A) is designed for high wind sites and can handle wind gusts up to 59.5 m/s
- Simple and precise Our PMDD technology maximizes energy capture, outperforms conventional gearbox designs, and reduces maintenance costs
- Plug and play Our state-of-the-art full power converter design provides smooth, clean power to local grids, simplifying grid interconnect and adding to grid stability to make the NPS 100 the best choice for a variety of applications.
- Reliability and peace of mind Our robust, reliable gearless design coupled with our factory warranty, 24×7 system monitoring and local service assure continued performance and reduced maintenance costs.
- Arctic model Capable of operating in the harshest of cold weather conditions in temperatures as low as -40C.
The NPS 100C is being installed globally at university campuses, businesses, resorts, and farms. Our turbines produce local power at the source of the need without having a negative impact on the environment or the community setting in which they stand.