A guide to understanding the training and certification of customers to the NPS Level 1 Preventive Maintenance and NPS Level 2 Operations & Maintenance programs. These programs on their own are designed to provide users with the working knowledge to the basic operations and maintenance of their individual fleet of Northern Power wind turbines.
Installation Training Course
If you are a construction / project manager, site superintendent, lead installer or wear several hats then this course is for you.
The core objective is to prepare project leaders to effectively manage and execute the installation of a NPS 100/60 on time and budget. This course is required for any organization prior to an initial install.
Successful completion of the installation training courses is only the first step towards Installer Certification. At the completion of the training the participant will be will issued a certificate documenting they are NPS 100 Factory Trained Installers.
After two successful NPS monitored installations, participants may earn their NPS 100/60 Installer Certification.
- Download the Installation Training Course Outline
- Download the Installer Certification Application
- Cost is $3500 per participant.
Factory Level 1 PM Training and Certification for the Service Technician
These classes are for technicians who will be performing Annual Preventive Maintenance of NPS products. Each participant will complete an open book exam at the end of each class.
Level 1 – This course is required for any partner, end customer, or general service provider to perform general/annual maintenance on NPS products.
- Download the Level 1 Service Technician Course Outline
- Cost is $500 per participant.
Factory Level 2 O&M Training and Certification for the Advanced Service Technician
These classes are for technicians who will be servicing and maintaining NPS products.
Level 2 – This course is required for any partner or general service provider to be dispatched-selected to perform basic warranty level service to NPS products on a regional basic under the remote support program of Northern Power Systems.
- Download the Level 2 Advanced Service Technician Course Outline
- Cost is $5000 per participant
NPS Commissioning Training & Certification Program
(pre-requisite signed Service Partner Agreement)
- Required to support NPS during the critical and quality centric commissioning phase of new installs
- Classes scheduled as needed. Please contact us to schedule.
Class Cancellation Policy:
If low enrollment should occur, Northern Power Systems may cancel classes up to 10 calendar days from their start date. We suggest that you hold on purchasing any airline tickets until the class is confirmed to run. The participant is responsible for any and all costs associated with travel and lodging.
Climbing Safety Policy:
Since we have a NPS 100 within a short 10 minute drive from our Barre site, we can take participants for a climb up to the nacelle – weather permitting.
Safety is paramount so in order to climb you will have to meet the following criteria:
- You have been trained in industrial climbing and are “authorized” to work at heights.
- When you enroll, provide a copy of your certification card from an industrial climbing organization or if training was done in house – a letter from your employer.
- You will have to provide your own full body harness, with lanyards, and climbing helmet.
How do I enroll?