Barre, VT USA (October 4, 2016) – Northern Power Systems Corp. (TSX: NPS), a next generation renewable energy technology company, has confirmed its commitment to the North American distributed generation market with the announcement of two significant changes to its commercial leadership team, hiring Alex Sarly in the role of North American Director of Sales, Distributed Wind and the promotion of Chris McKay to North American Director of Sales, Power Systems.
The NPS 100 wind turbine platform is a state-of-the-art product in its third generation of technology evolution, and optimized for high efficiency, reliability and reduced lifetime cost of energy. Nearly 60 MWs of NPS 100 distributed wind turbines now span the globe, covering North America (including the Caribbean islands, Hawaii and Alaska), Europe and Asia.
Supporting Northern Power’s commitment and focus on the North American market, Mr. Sarly, a veteran renewable energy development professional, joins Northern Power with over ten years of industry experience. In his previous positions with Borrego Solar, Inc. and SolarCity Corporation, Alex delivered over 50 MWs of successful solar projects for clients in the commercial, industrial and government market segments.
Mr. Sarly commented, ”The strength of Northern Power’s installed base and product performance presents a real opportunity to bring winning energy solutions to a customer base that I am well-positioned to address. I am truly excited to be joining the Northern Power team.”
Along with a renewed emphasis on distributed wind solutions for the North American market, Northern Power has promoted Mr. McKay to direct commercial efforts for deployment of its power conversion technology in energy storage and integrated microgrid solutions. With proven system solutions based upon Northern Power’s technology now installed and operating in the US market, the Company expects to expand its sales in this market and accelerate deployment.
Northern Power’s FlexPhase Power Conversion System (PCS) features a state-of-the-art controller and smart power converters between 500 kVA to 2.0 MVA per cabinet that can be integrated with various battery chemistries and is designed for today’s primary energy storage applications, including frequency and voltage regulation, time shifting, peak shaving, renewable integration, resiliency and microgrid solutions.
Mr. McKay has been with Northern Power for over a decade, leading the development of different technical solutions including the development of power conversion designs for energy storage and microgrids, and Northern Power’s 100kW distributed wind turbine. Mr. McKay has served in a variety of operational and commercial roles with Northern Power, including director positions for both engineering and product management.
Northern Power is having a presence (Booth #613) at the Energy Storage North America (ESNA) conference in San Diego, CA from 4 October 2016 – 6 October 2016, and will be attending and presenting at the 2016 Rural Smart Grid Summit (RSGS) in Palm Beach, FL on 30 October 2016 – 1 November 2016.
About Northern Power Systems
Northern Power Systems designs, manufactures, and sells wind turbines and power technology products, and provides engineering development services and technology licenses for energy applications, into the global marketplace from its US headquarters and European offices.
- Northern Power Systems has almost 40 years’ experience in technologies and products generating renewable energy.
- Northern Power Systems currently manufactures the NPS™ 60 and NPS™ 100 turbines. With over 11 million run time hours across its global fleet, Northern Power wind turbines provide customers with clean, cost effective, reliable renewable energy.
- Patented next generation permanent magnet direct drive (PMDD) technology uses fewer moving parts, delivers higher energy capture, and provides increased reliability due to reduced maintenance and downtime.
- Northern Power Systems’ FlexPhase™ power converter platform uses patented converter architecture and advanced controls technology for advanced grid support and generation applications.
- Northern Power Systems offers comprehensive in‐house development services, including systems level engineering, advanced drivetrains, power electronics, PM machine design, and remote monitoring systems to the energy industry.
To learn more about Northern Power Systems, please visit www.northernpower.com.
For more information please reach out to Info@NorthernPower.com