Barre, VT USA (April 25, 2016) – Northern Power Systems Corp. (TSX: NPS), a next generation renewable energy technology company, today announced the release of a new product that enables developers and end-users to acquire a fully integrated energy storage system tailored to their needs in terms of power and energy.
The Northern Power ESS (Energy Storage Solution) features the advanced FP2000 FlexPhase power conversion system that has been featured in multiple technologies and applications. The system has a wide range of DC voltage optimization, able to be effective with Flow, Lithium, Lead Acid or any other chemical battery, as well as mechanical storage options such as flywheels. Northern Power leverages its abilities and experience in grid integration and renewable optimization in order to deliver the best solution for the customer’s needs.
Diego M. Tebaldi, VP of Global Business Development for Northern Power Systems, commented “This is a great step forward—responding to market demand where customers are requiring a fully integrated solution.” He continued, “We are proud to partner with key providers across the spectrum of the main components, using our multi-year experience to select components that provide the better technical solution for the application required, and offer the market an easier to deploy standard and pre-configured solution.”
Northern Power Systems offers integrated Energy Storage Solutions (ESS) configurable for a range of applications. NPS ESS can be packaged into containers, shelters, trailers, or buildings with an output power range of 125 kVA – 2,000 kVA. The duration of rated power can be configured from 15 minutes to 4 hours.
Key Applications of this solution include:
- Utility Grid Support – frequency regulation, VAR support/power quality, peak shaving/load shifting, sub-station resiliency, renewable integration
- Behind-the-Meter – demand management, time-of-use, back-up power, critical load support
- Hybrid Microgrids – remote/islanded operation, black start, renewables utilization/reduced fuel consumption
Northern Power is featuring this announcement at the Energy Storage Association industry conference in Charlotte, NC from 25th April 2016 – 27th April 2015 and will have a presence in booth #327.
For more information please reach out to Info@NorthernPower.com
About Northern Power Systems
Northern Power Systems designs, manufactures, and sells wind turbines and power technology products, and provides engineering development services and technology licenses for energy applications, into the global marketplace from its US headquarters and European offices.
- Northern Power Systems has almost 40 years’ experience in technologies and products generating renewable energy.
- Northern Power Systems currently manufactures the NPS™ 60 and NPS™ 100 turbines. With over 10.2 million run time hours across its global fleet, Northern Power wind turbines provide customers with clean, cost effective, reliable renewable energy.
- Patented next generation permanent magnet direct drive (PMDD) technology uses fewer moving parts, delivers higher energy capture, and provides increased reliability due to reduced maintenance and downtime.
- Northern Power Systems’ FlexPhase™ power converter platform uses patented converter architecture and advanced controls technology for advanced grid support and generation applications.
- Northern Power Systems offers comprehensive in‐house development services, including systems level engineering, advanced drivetrains, power electronics, PM machine design, and remote monitoring systems to the energy industry.
- Some of the world’s largest manufacturers license the company’s next generation technology and IP for their utility and distributed wind products and markets.
To learn more about Northern Power Systems, please visit www.northernpower.com.
Notice regarding forward-looking statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Northern Power Systems and its business, which may include, but is not limited to, product and financial performance, regulatory developments, supplier performance, anticipated opportunity and trends for growth in our customer base and our overall business, our market opportunity, expansion into new markets, and execution of the company’s growth strategy. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “plans”, “is expected”, “expects”, “scheduled”, “intends”, “contemplates”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “proposes” or variations (including negative variations) of such words and phrases, or state that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved. Such statements are based on the current expectations of the management of Northern Power Systems. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur by certain specified dates or at all and could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting the company, including risks regarding the wind power industry; production, performance and acceptance of the company’s products; our sales cycle; our ability to convert backlog into revenue; performance by the company’s suppliers; our ability to maintain successful relationships with our partners and to enter into new partner relationships; our performance internationally; currency fluctuations; economic factors; competition; the equity markets generally; and the other risks detailed in Northern Power Systems’ risk factors discussed in filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), including but not limited to Northern Power Systems’ Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on March 31, 2015, as well as other documents that may be filed by Northern Power Systems from time to time with the SEC. Although Northern Power Systems has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results to differ from those anticipated, estimated or intended. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Except as required by applicable securities laws, forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Northern Power Systems undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
+1 802-461-2955 ext.7