Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Department: Commercial, North America
Reporting to: Director of Sales, North America
Northern Power Systems (TSX: NPS) is delivering innovative energy solutions in a changing landscape. Around the globe, our installed base of Permanent Magnet Direct Drive “PM/DD” wind turbines and grid-friendly power technology components have logged hundreds of Gigawatt-hours of operation to date, demonstrating our commitment to performance and reliability. Northern Power Systems has successfully entered the Energy Storage market, providing state-of-the-art power conversion- and integrated battery-energy storage solutions (BESS).
We are a growing team adding entrepreneurially focused, analytically engaging, go-getters that enjoy delivering sustainable energy solutions to customers. By being hired onto our North American Commercial Team, you’ll be driving our number one business expansion focus working closely with our leadership team.
As a Sales Manager you will be responsible for identifying and contacting prospects, responding to inbound requests, qualifying potential opportunities, and closing sales.
Over time, you will also be conducting product demonstrations for prospective customers and will develop into a product expert and advocate, integral in the continued growth of Northern Power’s products in existing and new markets.
The Sales Manager is the first contact between the prospective customer and Northern Power.
- Identifies, qualifies and cultivates new sales opportunities through multiple mediums (email, phone, trade shows, inbound website leads, and more).
- Responsible for meeting quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail managing all respective sales activities (notes, follow-ups, emails, call logs) within Salesforce.com.
- Responds to inquiries via live chat, email, incoming and outbound calls.
- Conducts product and proposal demonstrations via GoToMeeting and in-person.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity is a high energy sales professional with 3-5 years of successful B2B sales experience and an exceptional ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferably in a clean-tech environment, with track record of meeting or exceeding assigned quotas
- Demonstrated experience prospecting through a broad range of outreach methods, including email marketing and targeted outbound calling, trade shows and other networking activities
- Exceptional written and oral interpersonal skills with experience communicating across a broad range of stakeholders (customers/prospects, internal management, Board Members and other VIPs)
- Confident, assertive self-starter who is extremely organized and goal driven
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong preference for Salesforce.com experience