Northern Power Systems (TSX: NPS) is delivering innovative energy solutions as part of the smart grid and renewable energy revolution. Our global installed base of Permanent Magnet Direct Drive “PM/DD” wind turbines and grid-friendly power technology components have logged hundreds of Gigawatt-hours of operation to date, demonstrating our commitment to performance and reliability. Northern Power Systems has successfully entered the Energy Storage market, providing state-of-the-art power conversion and integrated battery energy storage solutions (BESS). We are a growing team adding entrepreneurially focused go-getters that enjoy delivering sustainable energy solutions to customers.
Northern Power Systems Project Managers must ensure projects for which they are responsible are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate internal and external resources required for project execution
- Develop project scope from contractual documentation and ensure technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans, track progress and manage change in scope, schedule and cost
- Primary contact with client for commercial and technical issues
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Manage the compilation and supply of commercial and technical submittals to client and third party/vendors
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Preferred certification in PMP with a construction or technical focus
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in a technical project management role, preferably in the construction or energy industries.
- Experience in power generation/distribution engineering will be a definite advantage.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate outstanding capabilities in:
- Project management practices and tools
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Engineering coordination and documentation requirements
- Familiarity with electrical, mechanical and construction practices and documentation
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Position may require travel and non-standard work hours.