Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Department: Global Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Director of Sales, North America
Northern Power Systems (TSX: NPS) is delivering innovative energy solutions in a changing landscape. Around the globe, our installed base of Permanent Magnet Direct Drive “PM/DD” wind turbines and grid-friendly power technology components have logged hundreds of Gigawatt-hours of operation to date, demonstrating our commitment to performance and reliability. Northern Power Systems has successfully entered the Energy Storage market, providing state-of-the-art power conversion- and integrated battery-energy storage solutions (BESS).
We are a growing team adding entrepreneurially focused individuals that enjoy delivering sustainable energy solutions to customers and growth to our business.
This is a dual role of driving North American marketing activity and supporting corporate marketing needs. A successful candidate will drive and execute targeted regional marketing campaigns to bring together corporate programs and regional opportunities, including but not limited to field events, executive programs, tradeshows, customer references, industry associations and digital marketing. This is a hands-on position focused on creating awareness and demand for our products. Success will be defined by conversion of analyzed leads in targeted segments to opportunities and into a steady flow of orders.
- Understand the complex buying/selling processes involving multiple decision-makers for wind turbines and power electronics. Provide support and market expertise to the commercial team in US and worldwide
- Develop, drive and manage lead generation programs
- Forecast, measure and analyze impact of programs on sales cycles; produce weekly reports and monthly dashboards to demonstrate campaign progress and region success
- Actively addresses incoming leads by ensuring entry in SalesForce.com and assignment to appropriate sales team resource
- Collaborate across teams to develop and manage sales and marketing strategy on a regional basis
- Drive external marketing activities including advertising, online programs and industry associations
- Assist in developing regional and campaign specific target lists by utilizing existing SalesForce.com and third-party purchased databases
- Bachelor degree in marketing or related field
- 5-7 years of B2B marketing experience
- Experience with sales operations and marketing reporting using dashboards and KPI’s
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- SalesForce.com Super User with Marketing Automation experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and other applicable sales/marketing tools, software, and database programs
- Ability to travel 25% – 50% of the time