Location: KS, IA, CO, IN, OH, IL
Department: Commercial, North America
Reporting to: Director of Sales, North America
Northern Power Systems (TSX: NPS) is delivering innovative energy solutions as part of the smart grid and renewable energy revolution. Our global installed base of Permanent Magnet Direct Drive “PM/DD” wind turbines and grid-friendly power technology components have logged hundreds of Gigawatt-hours of operation to date, demonstrating our commitment to performance and reliability. Northern Power Systems has successfully entered the Energy Storage market, providing state-of-the-art power conversion and integrated battery energy storage solutions (BESS). We are a growing team adding entrepreneurially focused go-getters that enjoy delivering sustainable energy solutions to customers.
As Business Development Manager, your primary responsibility will be to build and close a core book of commercial distributed wind turbine business. In this role you will be responsible for managing and maintaining a B2B sales pipeline capable of meeting quarterly/yearly revenue goals. As an integral part of the sales team, you will be well supported by upper management along with internal marketing efforts with the collective goal to generate new business. You will use your deep sales knowledge to move prospects through the pipeline to closure. As part of this role, you will develop into a wind power expert and advocate for the wind market.
- Responsible for meeting quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Responsible for full sales cycle of assigned commercial opportunities.
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail managing all respective sales activities (notes, follow-ups, emails, call logs) within Salesforce.com.
- In coordination with inside sales, identifies, qualifies and cultivates new sales opportunities through multiple mediums (email, phone, trade shows, inbound website leads, and more).
- Supports inquiries via live chat, email, incoming and outbound calls.
- Supports marketing in identifying new markets.
- Supports marketing with references, testimonials and case studies.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity is a high energy sales professional with 5-7 years of successful B2B renewable energy sales experience with an exceptional ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders, and effectively manage a diverse and technical pipeline.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of sales experience, preferably in a clean-tech environment, with track record of meeting or exceeding assigned quotas
- Familiarity with the agriculture industry
- Demonstrated experience prospecting through a broad range of outreach methods, including email marketing and targeted outbound calling, trade shows and other networking activities
- Exceptional written and oral interpersonal skills with experience communicating across a broad range of stakeholders (customers/prospects, internal management, Board Members and other VIPs)
- Confident, assertive self-starter who is extremely organized and goal driven
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Strong preference for Salesforce.com experience