Location: Barre, Vermont
Department: Corporate Administration
Reports to: Executive Assistant / President and COO
Northern Power Systems (TSX: NPS) is delivering innovative energy solutions in a changing landscape. Around the globe, our installed base of Permanent Magnet Direct Drive “PM/DD” wind turbines and grid-friendly power technology components have logged hundreds of Gigawatt-hours of operation to date, demonstrating our commitment to performance and reliability. Northern Power Systems has successfully entered the Energy Storage market, providing state-of-the-art power conversion- and integrated battery-energy storage solutions (BESS).
We are a growing team adding entrepreneurially focused individuals that enjoy delivering sustainable energy solutions to customers and growth to our business.
- Greets and assists visitors and vendors, answers telephone calls and forward phone messages as necessary.
- Responsible for checking messages on the main line and forwarding them on to the appropriate party.
- Inventory, order, organize, and store office and kitchen supplies.
- Set up and maintain the conference rooms and other common spaces.
- Ordering and organizing lunches for meetings and company functions, as well as proactively coordinate with IT, HR and facilities as needed.
- Distributing and being accountable for all incoming/outgoing mail.
- Act as the liaison between employees and Barre facility landlord.
- Expense Reports – assists executives in completing and submitting expense reports.
- Calendar management – assists executives with scheduling needs.
- Coordinates travel both domestically and internationally – as needed.
- Other administrative duties – including but not limited to filing, maintenance of company phone listing, etc. and as requested projects.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience dealing with the public (customer service, front desk, retail or other similar industry).
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in administrative assistance.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new job requirements.
- Willingness to embrace change and meet new challenges with a sense of adventure and “can-do” attitude.
- Experience in working with a cross functional team, in a multi-national company, is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer.
- Must possess solid time management, prioritization and organization skills.
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Northern Power Systems’ commitment to you is a competitive base salary and a full suite of benefits including paid vacation, 401k, and cash & equity rewards.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every application. However, we do review every resume and will contact you if we think there is a possible fit for you.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.